Friday, July 3, 2009

The Hill Day 1

Well, we are officially here. Katie is modeling this year's cast team t-shirt. How lucky for us they are Orem High colors!

They will feed you 3 meals a day if you pay for that but we wanted dinner only. Here we are after dinner on Friday. We climbed to the top of the Hill Cumorah. It is beautiful here.

This is a statue of Moroni at the top of the hill.

Here are two pictures out of our motorhome. We are staying in Zion's Camp. There are 300 of the 700 cast members staying here. Every night they have munch and mingle around 10 PM where we get together, and well, munch and mingle.


This is looking away from the road from the other side of our motorhome. There are a lot of kids here. My kids have been a little shy and haven't joined in yet but they'll warm up once they meet some kids. A lot of these kids have been here several times and know each other already.

Michael and David wrestling on the couch.

Kristen Erickson and Jewel Wakamatsu came to visit us and have popcorn. It is fun to have neighbors here with us. They did casting Friday night and all of us except Michael has a role. He will be cast this morning. Nelson is a New world disciple and a vision litter bearer. Who knows what any of these titles mean at this point. I'll let you know next week maybe after we figure it out. Katie and I have the same parts. We are Harvest workers and nephite Campfire dancers. Both of these roles are dancing. Nelson says I should be proud of myself because almost all of the dancers are young girls. Proud or stupid, I say. This will either be my dancing with the stars workout and I will look fabulous in a week or I will sprain something or pass out from exhaustion and have to be hauled away. We'll see... Caroline is a youth destruction victim. Apparantly she will die every night. And David is Nephi's son #2. He was really excited about this. He gets to be in the boat scene and get wet every night. He may also get to be tossed in the air in a blanket. Maybe. We look forward to finding out what Michael will be. Nelson and I are Assistant cast team leaders. We will be working with another couple supervising 18 17 year olds. This is the 7th time the Matthews have done this. We totally lucked out because they know so much. Well, off to dry my hair and start our first real day rehearsing.

Orem 6th ward at the Hill Cumorah Pageant!!

1 comment:

Olivia McCord said...

You'll be an amazing dancer (hello?! You can teach all of those young girls some serious Alaskan synchronized swimming moves). I want a personal perfomance when you return...or maybe it could replace the visiting teaching message?