Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Katie and more

Have any of you been into the gourmet cupcake shops lately and fallen in love with the utter decadence of it all? Count me in. I have been trying out some recipes I have found online. Here's the latest. Katie and I made these Snickers cupcakes and after biting into it, Caroline's response was " this is the best cupcake I have ever tasted in my entire life". Gosh, thanks. If you are interested, here's the link http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/snickers-cupcakes/

Their frosting looks a little bit more professional, I just need more practice and the right tips. There are more I want to try, stay tuned.
YUM!!!
After the cupcake shots, I forgot to turn my camera off of manual focus so the next few are not quite as clear as I would have hoped, sorry. Katie turned 17 year old on March 2nd. We had the usual pick-whatever-you-want-eat meals and presents but not much else. It's hard to have a birthday on a school day with a lot of other activities going on. We love you Katie, you are such an awesome teenager!
David has both volumes of the Encyclopedia of Immaturity and the other night after mutual they got it out and started trying out the physical challenges. I don't have pictures of all of them but they had a lot of fun trying lots of different things.

Friday my friend Jennifer and I went and got pedicures. I am forcing Spring to happen whether it want to come or not. I need toe showing weather and quick! If was so nice to have a little pamper me time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look absolutly devine! I could sink my teeth right into my computer monitor! :)
Crazy kids, just looking at that picture makes me hurt!
I can't handle anymore picutes with sandles and toes! We are still freezing here in Ohio, thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I actually made these today for Aubrey's B-day! They were a huge hit! Thanks for sharing!