Thursday, February 10, 2011

more insanity

Goodbye to my cute Mary Englebreit inspired bathroom. What else could I have done with yellow tile when we moved in? Besides, anyone who knows me knows I love black and white checks. I want it on the floor, everywhere. Luckily I don't get everything I want or that might be a bit much.

Even though I think this bathroom is so cute, we came to a point last year, and it continues, that this tiny bathroom is just a daily source of frustration and ill will when it comes to 4 teenagers getting ready for school at the same time. Michael is away at BYU this year so we really only have 3 teenagers right now but the girls are demanding more. Last year I actually had a cabinet guy and carpenter come in to give me bids to remodel and decided against it. Bathroom remodels are just too expensive. However, last month I found a super deal on a 6 foot vanity at costco and decided the time had come. So, all of us are sharing my bathroom right now and I am anxious to get it done. Here are some pictures, we are in the middle of the yucky part, I can't wait...I can't wait...until it's done!

New wall built between the tub/shower area so someone can be in the shower and someone else can be at the sink at the same time, yay!

The top of the stairs, turn to get onto the upstairs deck through the door, bathroom just to the right...

Door gone to the deck, wall gone to the bathroom...
new wall enclosing the landing to make more room for the vanity area...
old bathroom exterior wall, next to deck door...
vanity area (tape on the floor to see new area spacing)
wall gone...
new pocket door installed to separate the two rooms. Whew, that probably didn't make much sense, sorry. I will take pics after we are all done. Remember what I was saying about remodeling in January's post about the laundry room? I will say it again. I could NEVER build a house. The laundry room was just paint and some new door trim, no biggie. This is where to place light switches, new light fixtures, faucets for vanity and tub, floor tile, shower surround tile, what type of texture surface do I want, mirror choices, towel hooks....oh my. All I can think every day is...I need to lie down, I need a nap, I just don't know. This stinks. I wish I had a designer, that would help. I have been to the tile store I don't know how many times. Beyond sharing a shower for the time being, I really just need the stress to go away. I can't get anything else done, my house is a mess, we eat mac-n-cheese on a regular basis now and I am dreaming about buying tile, yikes! I am thrilled to be solving the morning dilemma but how does one deal with this? Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so confused but anxiously await more pictures!