This is how I escape the stress of bathroom remodels, I vacation with girlfriends and then come home and do nothing but blog, aaaahhhhh. Every year, the book club I'm in goes to St. George for a couple of days to get away for some girl time and sun. Cafe Rio is a must and this year we stopped in Cedar City and Suzette picked up Erika from SUU for lunch with us. When my girls saw the pictures from the trip, they said" Erika got to go?" No, just lunch I assured them, they were going to be jealous.
Lesa entertaining us on the long ride.
The first day, four of us went to the beauty school and had facials. Then we went out to eat and had Thai food. I am so glad to have friends to eat out at yummy places. Then all 8 of us went and had massages. MaryBeth had her 50th birthday a couple of weeks ago and we treated her to her very first ever massage. Sorry Ward, she's hooked! What an awesome day! Then we stayed up too late solving all of the worlds problems and providing for each other a much needed gab session.
The next morning, we picked up Tammy from the shuttle and all 9 of us went to the Bear Paw for breakfast. We were so sad to not have all 10 of us for the weekend. Melanie got to spend the weekend with sweaty boys at a rugby tournament in LasVegas, eating McDonald's drive through, so sorry for us and you. The rest of the weekend we shopped, sat in the lounge chairs at the pool, napped, ordered pizza, watched a totally cheesey chic flick and made Valentines day cards. Saturday on the way home, we went on a new hike and it was really great. It is about 15 minutes North of St. George and is called the Red Cliffs Recreation area. If you are heading that way, I would definitely stop.
(I don't know why I am typing like this is a link, sorry, not computer savvy) Tammy said she felt like she was following twins. Which one is which? can you tell? Jennifer or me?
We asked several people passing by to take pictures so we have a few in different places of all of us. Wow, these look so put together, we must all be super photogenic. We miss you Mel!
It's hard to see, but there is a waterfall to the right.
We got to a spot where you had to hold onto a rope and step in the foot holds to go around this corner. Lisa was the bravest and went first.
Really the scariest part was that if you fell you were going to drop into a pool of water. I would love to come back in the summer and hike in a swimsuit and swim too.
We had a really great weekend!
2 comments:
Okay that is it! I need a girls weekend! This just sounds amazing!
If only we had that sunshine here!
Oh, and I'm certain you are the one on the right! Do I win a prize?
Post a Comment