It's official! Michael's missionary papers have been submitted to Church headquarters. Now we wait for the mailman to bring us a missionary calling. Missionary calls here seem to arrive on Wednesdays so depending on how long before they are sent back to us it could be 1 1/2 , 2 1/2 weeks or longer. A lot of people around here have been getting them fast so maybe as soon as 10 days!
I have asked Michael a lot of times where he thinks he might go, where he wants to go, does he want to speak a foreign language and he has chosen not to guess. His answer to me is "Mom, I am going to go where the Lord needs me, that's where." From the mouths of babes, I have been taught. I am grateful for his willingness to serve and for his desire to do what our Heavenly Father wants him to do.
Even though we know he will go wherever he is needed, it's still fun to make predictions. I borrowed Cindi's maps from when Jordan was waiting for her call for everyone to post their guesses.
This is David's flag. He wanted to guess and then couldn't decide yet. So make a comment here, or if you don't have a google account, email me at abbottfamily@yahoo.com or text me at 801-372-3308 with your name and a guess of where you think he will be serving for the next 2 years. If you'd like to add which language he might get to learn, you can add that, too. Oh, and there are prizes for whoever guesses right such as stationary and holiday cards and a grand prize, stamps, of course to send Michael all kinds of mail!
We are pretty excited around here!
12 comments:
Wait, before i submit my guess, Is there a prize? in blog lingo, a "give-away"?
Brad says denmark, Matthew says French guiana, john says montreal, I say Madagascar - french speaking, Josh says Argentina, and I will get back to you with the rest. Seriously, so exciting can't wait to hear!
Halle guesses Sweden. And sorry I didn't have time to take out the flags. just throw them out!
And tara says switzerland/geneva
Hello Abbott family!!
Sorry that we missed you guys this trip but Tyler and Sonya are coming back in March and I think we will all come down to Provo so we can visit with everyone! I hope you guys had a great holiday.
I'm thinking that Michael will be going to Africa. My dear friends just got back from their mission to Uganda and loved it. Michael and Ashley need to hang out sometime. She said that she has looked for him at the Cannon center but hasn't run into him yet. He is still at Helaman halls, right?
We love your blog and we love your family! Let us know where Michael is going...SO exciting!!!
~THe Holt's
How exciting! We can't wait to find out where Michael will go. We need to think about it a few days before posting our guesses. Can we visit?!
French Polynesia or Africa
French Polynesia or Africa. Or maybe St. George.
Greg's guess is Switzerland. I am thinking Germany. I will get the rest of the guesses to you soon.
I say Sweden, only because that is where I served and think it is the greatest mission in the World. Just a little bias :)
Alexa thinks Spain.
Nathan says Mexico.
Sarah says Uzbekistan.
Zach says Brazil.
Scott and Emily both say New York.
Michael, I reminded them that you speak French. They are holding to their guesses.
Where ever you are called to serve Michael, we know that that is just where Heavenly Father wants you to be. This is His work. It is awesome to be on His team. You will be in our prayers. Love the Hubert family
Post a Comment