
Romania, Bucharest! He enters the MTC on May 18th.
The mailman delivered the envelope first thing on his route, it was nice to know it was actually here but so hard to wait another 12 hours to open it. I knew Michael was going to invite friends but had no idea he would invite 400 or so people on facebook to come. Well, we didn't have that many come. I think there were around 60 or 70 and that may have been the biggest crowd we have ever had at our house at the same time. It was really fun to have everyone come and be a part of the excitement. We had some grandparents on speaker phone, also.
Here's Michael reading the letter...Romania...and then cheers!
Hugs from Mom, what a happy day.
Here are all of the family who were able to come gathered in the kitchen for a picture.
Michael and a bunch of his friends who came. After everyone left, we checked out Romania on the internet. It is a very beautiful place and now all of a sudden I have a new place on my list of travel wishes! We listened to Romanian news stories to hear the language, found out that the population is around 21 million with around 2 thousand members of the Church. They are 87% Romanian Orthodox and 5% Catholic. They have the Danube river and gypsies. Our former bishop and his wife are there right now serving a 2 year mission and their daughter reports that they say it is a wonderful place full of wonderful people. What an experience Michael will have, we are so happy for him!
6 comments:
We are so excited! He will be an incredible missionary. It was so fun to come and be there with him.
Congrats!! Congrats!! I have a cousin on the other side of my family who served there! That's so cool! You'll be amazing!!
Caongratulations!! That is where my nephew, Spencer, went on his mission!! I think Allie's roommate, Trish, did a semester abroad there too! We are so excited for him!
Congratulations Abbots family. We have a family from Romania in our ward, if he wants to practice :) (in Pleasant Grove, not too far away from you) He will be an AWESOME missionary.
-The White's
What exciting news! I'll post a similar blog post in 13 years or so:) Michael will be speaking Romanian, correct? What a smart boy. Talk soon.
How awesome! So excited for you! For you all! I will forever be grateful for the missionaries that taught me the gospel. And I will forever be grateful for the oppertunity I had to serve a mission. How very exciting!
Post a Comment