I must have Spring fever, or a severe case of boredom, or I just like to torture myself. These are some before pictures of my laundry/sewing/guest/everything else in the world happens in this room, room. It has been the most neglected. As you can see, the princess unicorn castle wallpaper that we put up when the girls were around 3 and 5 is still up, mostly, and the clouds painted on the ceiling along with it.
We walled off half of the closet opening so we could put the washer/dryer and utility sink in and never finished the doorway. The clutter looks pretty horrible but it didn't occur to me to take before pictures until I was halfway through taking everything apart to move stuff.
Decisions, decisions, decisions. I could NEVER build a house. Making decisions kill me, what if I don't like it next week? Will this color make me never want to be in this room? UUUGGGGHHHH.
Actually the driving force behind this project are a couple of things. First, I have desperately wanted to make this a "grown-up" room, no more princess paper. A room for me, a room that I will enjoy being in to do laundry or projects. Second, my dad was facing surgery for cancer for the second time in 5 months and needed to come stay at my house for a few days afterwards so, post-op, he could avoid the long and very uncomfortable drive to his home 4 hours away sooner than he had to. I don't know if he even noticed the improvement, he had other things on his mind, but it was a fabulous excuse to get it done and have a deadline, also.
I took these after he left and it's a bit messy, now trying to put stuff back away, etc.
I have been to Ikea twice to find lots of bins, baskets, shelves, etc. and will post pictures of the real after shots when I have it all totally done and decorated. I am excited to have a room I will love to be in while I am working. Notice the door is now framed, it's the little stuff that's the big stuff sometimes, yay!
Fun, fun, watch for the final result hopefully soon!
1 comment:
Cool! I'm catching the bug! I want to add on a sunroom!
Post a Comment