Christmas begins! Katie must've been the most excited because she brought ALL of the decorations up from the basement by herself. Then she needed a rest. Things are always more busy than you want during December but it's been good, lots of fun.
Caroline refused to make a cell model for Biology with food like everyone else. Thanks to Aunt Lisa, who has one of those machines where you fill balloons with stuff, her model was made out of various balloon shapes, confetti and yarn. It was pretty awesome.
One Saturday night, Caroline and two of her friends, Melanie and Heather, came over and they had a little photo session with Caroline's many hats.
My personal favorite pic of Melanie. LOVE the hair!
Hey, Caroline! Did you forget to play with your friends?
Just a little wakeboarding in between glam shots.
Caroline!!!
Ok, back again.
David's 13th birthday is this Friday but we always have his party as early as possible so it doesn't feel so close to Christmas. We went to play in Chuck and Oranee's sports court and the boys had a great time. Give David a ball and he is in heaven.
Sorry about the cake, David. I guess I realized he didn't like chocolate ice-cream but didn't realize that crossed all dessert lines (is this child really related to me? just kidding David). I told him I'd make any other flavor he wanted for his real birthday. Sheesh mom!
Last night was the Relief Society's annual progressive Christmas dinner. I hosted on of the groups for the dinner portion and it was so nice to get my house really clean just before Christmas but mostly to have wonderful friends over for dinner.
Today Caroline started us off with a Christmas concert at 3:30. They were so good! Luckily, Canyon View had two concerts because at 7 we have double booked high school and junior high choir concerts. I love choral music. It really gets me in the Christmas spirit more than anything I think. Katie and I went to a Messiah sing-in this year and it was really wonderful. It's been too many years since I have done that and I guess I missed it.
Katie sings in two choirs at Orem High. They did an amazing job.
Quick zip up the robes over her dress...
Katie got to accompany her choir also and it was so fun to watch her bouncing and feeling the music! Go Katie!
1 comment:
Fun pics!
The progressive dinner was a good incentive for me to clean my house too:)
It's fun to see all the activities your kids are involved in. I'm off right now to my first singing assembly for Marcus at Cascade:)
Post a Comment