Saturday, January 14, 2012

Life getting back to normal

Life as normal is an oxymoron.  Nothing about life is really normal is it?  It would be so boring if things were normal.  Well, sometimes boring is good.  So here's a little bit of normal...
 Yes this looks like baby food peas, huh?  It's not.  Katie is having a love affair with smoothies that have spinach in them.  This is actually super yummy, it just looks weird, promise.  Lucky us because she shares.
 This is Max.  This is his norm.  Yes, he is a live wire.  I am so grateful to have a calm dog, not one that chews things constantly, barks constantly, wants attention constantly.   Most of the time this is how you will see him, sleeping.   Except....
 ...when he hears the tell-tale sound of the mailbox shutting outside the front door.  It's like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.  He snarls, lunges at the door and does this to the rug.  I can always tell if the mail has arrived by the state of the rug.  I know, not really exciting but it's a daily occurrence I thought needed recording. 
 This is not normal.  This is what Timp looks like today.  I think it usually looks like this in July.  We had the driest December on record since like, I don't know, 1926 or something.  I am glad Sundance makes such great fake stuff  BUT I would like a lot more of the real stuff.  Bring it on.
 Katie decided she wanted to learn how to crochet so she did.  I think that's pretty cool.  She has been shown a few times at girl's camp or somewhere but has never made anything really.  She looked up some how to videos on youtube and got to work.  Somewhere along the road it got funny so she called a wonderful older lady in our neighborhood and asked if she would help her.  She was thrilled that a teenager wanted to learn how to crochet and helped her figure out where she had gone wrong.  She wore it to school the other day, so cute!
 It's another dance and this time girl's choice.  Katie asked a boy with a message written on a plate.   He had to eat the cake to read it.  Let me tell you, it just about killed me to have that cake on my counter all day until she delivered it.  How can a cake smell so good? 
This is not so normal.  David got shingles last week.  Poor kid!  It was very painful but luckily we figured it out quickly and got him some anti-viral medicine.  It is almost gone and was a very mild case from what I have heard it can be.  We are counting our blessings.


Not so normal....I have spent a good part of today getting caught up on my blog.  The semester ended yesterday and I think I am more excited about that than the kids.  The earth feels like it's spinning on its axis correctly again.  AND it's a 3-day weekend, couldn't get better.  

Since I like to date posts in the correct order just in case I ever get around to printing this in book form I will put all of the links here so you can find them.  They are kind of buried and mixed in with everything else...maybe my New Year's resolution needs to be keeping caught up on my blog.  Enjoy!!!


14 posts in one day!!  That's got to be a record.

2 comments:

Olivia McCord said...

Good for you! I've been a negligent blogger lately. Port's bday is on Tuesday, so that will give me a reason to post some pics of a baby covered in cake, right?

Anonymous said...

Yes... good for you. Uhg! You leave me with NO excuse. So... first off.... I want Katie's recipe for green smoothy. I love my Blendtec, but need ideas. Do you make any good Super Healthy sauces or soup ever?