Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sundance summer fun

Nelson's parents invited us to join them and some other family at Sundance for the outdoor theater. They did Sound of Music this summer. That is one of my all time favorite movies/soundtracks. On the way up we were joking about how it was going to be hard to control ourselves and not sing since these songs just scream sing along. When we arrived and were browsing the program we saw the lyrics printed out for some of the songs with instructions about when to sing. It was a sing along! How exciting for us. Before the play started, we noticed one of Nelson's oldest (that sounds bad, is longest known better?) friends there with his wife. Nelson went over to visit with Merrill. I commented that, wow, they are both sure going grey and I wished I had my camera. After some stand-up-in-the-audience-and-do-hand-motions to Andrea, Merrill's wife, I figured out that she did have a camera and would take a picture. She sent them to me so I had to share, along with...

...a blast from the past. This is Nelson and Merrill at our wedding. Merrill was Nelson's best man so yes, we go WAY back, just kidding. Thanks for the pictures Andrea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow... watch us age... :)