Saturday, August 6, 2011

Moving forward and moving back

I am pretty behind on my blog. Katie even posted about how much of a slacker I have been in this department. She failed to expound on what a crazy woman I have been while getting a whole lot of other things done. Please check in and read back in time as I try to catch up. I decided to start from the most recent activity I have pictures of so I am at least caught up, sort of.
We went on our ward campout at a neighbor's family property in Mt. Pleasant. It is around an hour, hour and a half from home. We took the Jack and Mike, our exchange students, for a real American experience. We took the motorhome so maybe a tent would've been more rustic but much more comfortable.
On the property is the old family cabin built in 1873. The lady who lives in a newer big house on the property actually lived in this house as a child. She told us some stories and history about her family and the house. It was very interesting.
Mike and Jack had never roasted marshmallows before. I showed Jack the marshmallows and he said no, no and started to walk away. I said too bad if you don't like marshmallows ( I am so nice, huh) this was an American experience they had to participate in. I get the feeling the Chinese don't like sweets so I guess that's why. Jack doesn't like chocolate. I believe he is the only person I have ever met in my entire life who has this dislike. I don't understand, not at all.
They ate the whole s'more so I guess it wasn't horrible. Mike said they were okay. Jack didn't comment but at least I have done my job.
Here we are in front of such a picturesque scene. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Today was also our 24th anniversary. We will get to celebrate later next week when life calms down a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait you have exchange sutdents? I need to figure this out.