My niece, Jordan, returned from serving as a missionary in Paris for the past 18 months. It was so exciting to go to the airport and see her. We thought we were going to miss it because if took us almost 20 minutes to get out of Orem and then some traffic on the way made it slow going. Luckily for us, she had the nonstop from Paris and so had to go through customs and it slowed her down enough for us to get there.
I didn't count but I think there were over 30 of us there to meet her from both sides of the family. Ali and Lisa got together and made these fabulous posters for all of us to hold up!
Everyone had cameras ready anytime the doors opened to see if it was her.
Several people came through and from the crowd and signs guessed who we were waiting for from their flight. They assured us she was, in fact, there and coming soon. You aren't supposed to go past the wall in front of the doors and we kept crowding up having to all take several steps back so let people through. I videoed when she came through so I don't have any pics of her shocked face and smiles but it was so exciting to see her. She looked great! Her mom and dad went to pick her up but couldn't get on her plane home so they arrived later that night. I was glad I had videoed so I could share the screams and tears with her parents later.
Welcome home Jordan!
No comments:
Post a Comment