Thursday, September 2, 2010

The regular stuff

School has started and Caroline got a haircut, picture day was coming up. A haircut always lifts my spirits somehow, I guess it's just because I feel like I am taking care of myself and hey, you look better to boot!
Katie is in the honors art class this year and so happy to be in art class again. Her first assignment was a self portrait that depicts her...personality, I can't remember exactly how it was worded. So, we went to Oranee's and took pictures of her playing the piano because this is also one of her loves (and Oranee's piano is prettier than our brown upright). Then she drew the picture.
Next we have David playing soccer. One of his first games was great weather and I decided to just take pictures every minute he was on the field to try to get a few good pictures. It's amazing how hard it is to follow the correct player, zoomed in , while they are running so fast. I have a lot more respect for sports photographers than I ever have. Ok, they have better equipment, etc, but still. Here he is practically doing the splits to win this ball.
A nice kick at the sideline.
I don't know what to call this...a-backwards-flip-the-ball-behind-you-while-jumping-and-spinning-in-the-air-kick?
And David's favorite fun kick, the bicycle, up over your head in the opposite direction.
Watching it go! Well, that's what we are up to, the usual. Please check backwards in here for a lot of catching up blogs, I am getting there but they get buried behind the current ones, sorry!

No comments: