(Just a reminder to keep reading backwards in time, I have been catching up with the summer events! You can scroll down but still have to click on older posts. Watch for Lake Powell and Alaska...coming soon!)
For the last several years, Katie and Caroline have gone to the Mountain Man Rendezvous in Fort Bridger Wyoming with our friends the Schills.
It is always over labor day weekend. We would've liked to join them this year but it didn't work out. So, David, Nelson and I hung out together for the weekend. We went to the BYU football game, and then went golfing and to dinner on Monday. It was beautiful weather and we had a great time. So strange to not have a bunch of kids around. We realized the reality of it is that we will be this way permanently in 4 years with everyone at college except David. Kinda Freaky!
They dress in period clothing, camp in civil war tents, cook over a fire and have a lot of fun. Here they are hanging out outside the tent.
Saturday night is the Buckskinners Ball, just for the people camping in the primitive area.
Can you tell they enjoy the dressing up part? Here are a few fun pictures from the trip...
Laura, Brinnan and Caroline - Frontierswomen!
The whole crew - Steve is brave to be the only adult around!
3 comments:
How fun! I think this will someday be a McCord Family traditon. Our boys would love it.
Wow, you had a busy summer! I didn't pick the best pictures, I picked the ones on my camera. I usually just let dad or lisa be the cameramen! Looks like Michael is having so much fun! But had to laugh, I think my girls took more stuff than that to a week at EFY. Gotta love boys and how simple they are!
Wow! That looks like fun! And the costumes are sooo impressive!!
Post a Comment