Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Moving to BYU

Michael is off on one of the biggest adventures of his life, the dorms. Here he is the day we dropped him off, literally. I had somewhere to be and it took longer than we thought to get everything in the car. I double parked while he ran in and got his room key, we left the car blocking cars, etc, while we ran his stuff up to the room, I took these two pictures, gave him a hug and ran back to the car. Not exactly the way I had pictured the big send off but luckily he's a big boy and knows I love him anyway. I did come back later with lunch and helped him make his bed, does that count?
He is sharing a room with his buddy Zach and they are having the time of their lives. He isn't dying to come home, except to use the washing machine and then it's off to the dorms again in no time flat. We miss him and are so happy he is loving his new life and not seeming too homesick. I think it's the mom's that have the hard time when kids leave, not the kids.

No comments: