Sunday, October 31, 2010

Katie rubs shoulders with fame



I am going to catch up on the recent past and decided a good way to do that was to start with today. Today we went to the Tabernacle Choir broadcast on Temple square with our exchange student and a couple extra students as well (posts to follow after he leaves, Tuesday). While we were waiting for the broadcast to start I noticed someone shaking hands and talking to people. It was Orrin Hatch and Katie went up and shook his hand and talked to him for a minute. My kids are so brave. I'm not sure at her age if I would've had the nerve to do that. "Hi! My name's Katie Abbott and I just wanted to shake your hand." Ha! Katie you are awesome.

Before the broadcast they announced the names of a couple of important visitors. One of them was Brendan Graham. Never heard of him, have you? Well, he wrote the song "You raise me up". Really. Katie was so excited. After the broadcast she tried to go up to him to get his autograph or something but he was escorted away before she got the chance. So, we went on a tour of Temple square(in Japanese) and then walked up to see the Christus statue. As we were leaving, he was walking in and we stopped him and introduced ourselves. He is from Ireland and has a great accent! He said that this was his first time to see the choir and it was like he was a little boy (I guess meaning he was really excited). So, here's Katie with him, too. It was an eventful visit to Temple Square!

Keep checking in and look backwards in time(back to Sept. 20), sorry I do this but I am planning on catching up with a ton of posts from the last 6 weeks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song!!! I love that Katie has that kind of courage! Katie, I think you're awesome!!! I'm jealous htat you all live right there where all of that was possible.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Katie, I just LOVE your long hair. Widh you were coming back to Pageant this year.