David and Caroline swam at the Scera outdoor pool for Orem Summer Swim Team. Here is David swimming backstroke, his best stroke. He broke the standing record for summer swim team in his age category this summer with a time of 50:56 in the 50 meter backstroke.
I got this picture as David jumped out of the pool and Caroline was about to jump in.
She swam the 100 backstroke and the 100 butterfly. Her best times were 1:53.60 in the 100 meter butterfly and 1:50.50 in the 100 meter backstroke. Caroline is going to swim on Orem High's JV team this year so it will be fun to see how much she improves. Katie wanted to swim on the summer rec team but I wouldn't let her. I told her I didn't think she should because she has been on Orem High's team all year. I guess I should have let her because there were a couple of high school kids who swam after all.
Caroline and David with their heat winner ribbons. We were sad to miss the last meet. In the last meet of the year there are races where parents and other family members race the coaches. We were going to have a team with me, Nelson, Katie and Michael but we went to Lake Powell instead. It's fun to have a family sport that everyone enjoys!
No comments:
Post a Comment