Now here's the fun stuff. Michael out for an early morning ski.
Nelson cutting it up.
Caroline having fun with the double skis.
David doing a ski-by at the back of the houseboat.
Brad was a die-hard and the first one out to ski. Nelson and I got up and went with him to drive and spot. We had the best campsite this year. We would hold the flag up when someone fell, look around and wonder why we even had a flag since there were no other boats in sight in the morning. The water was so smooth!
Katie gets the award for the most determined! She tried almost every day I think to get up on slalom skis. She got sooo close. If we had had a couple of more shots at it I know she would've had it!
She even tried to drop a ski from doubles. Go girl!
Caroline riding the wakeboard.
Another slalom attempt by Katie...
cool pictures, huh?
David again!
And Michael. I actually skied almost every day but since I am the one always taking pictures, no proof, you'll just have to believe me. The big hit this year was tube wars. There are two tubes hooked to the boat at the same place and 2 people ride each tube and try to dump the other team to win. I think we had about 1500 pictures from these events so be glad I was able to choose the best. Michael was very often the victor being the oldest and biggest of the cousins.
However, on this run Halle got the better of him. Way to be a good sport,Michael.
Nephew and Uncle after a hard fought victory.
Caroline and David celebrating pulling Dad in.
Matthew and Justin vs. Michael and Caroline
Victory! Matthew down. Let me tell you, this event was not for the weak of heart to watch. Cindi and I decided to go and watch on about the 2nd day because that's all the kids talked about. It was the activity of choice. So, we went out to see what this was all about and just about died. Cindi appointed herself the official rules chairman and put in place some much needed boundaries, no eye gouging, no biting, no pinching, no punching, no head locks, no kicking, you get the idea. I only went one more time to make sure the rules were being followed but I couldn't handle watching it very much, too much for me.
Nelson and Brad vs. Michael and Caroline...
I am not sure who won this one but it sure gets exciting, huh?

The next insane event was cliff jumping. I didn't go to watch this either.

Here's Nelson taking a running leap off of a 40 foot cliff. Just before he jumped Katie asked him if she should do a flip. He said I guess, if you want to, thinking never in a million years would she attempt that. You need to know that up until, well, this moment in time, Katie has always been the most hesitant, fearful of everyone to do things like this. Usually she just watched while the others jumped or she would jump from, I don't know, 5 feet or something. So, Nelson jumped and then...


She did it. almost. We are seriously hugely lucky that we don't have a quadriplegic daughter. We have it on video and even just seeing this picture makes my stomach drop. Anyway...

David, Nelson and Katie.


Justin, Stephanie, Matthew, Michael and Jacob.

David and Caroline. They had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment