The pool at the Sheraton was a nice change from the ocean. After the man of war incident we thought this even more so.
There is no doubt this is such a beautiful place.
Ok, there was more than one reason the ocean lost its appeal.
Nelson thought he was back at divorcee beach and suggested he go for a swim. What!? Yeah, that's what the lifeguard said, too.
For all we did and saw Kib gets the true Mexican experience award. We had been planning on going on a deep sea fishing trip on our last day. Every day in town we would talk to the charter boat people and check out what kind of deals we could get. We finally decided who to go with, and Kib went into town to make final arrangements for the trip. On other days during the week in town we had parked in this crazy packed parking lot. The guy in charge of the lot, Lazarus, moved those cars in and packed them like I have never seen before. He has connections with some of the charter boats and tries to steer you to them, become your friend for life, you know. When Kib went to arrange our trip, Lazarus wasn't around so Kib just parked on his own, how foolish. Maybe when Lazarus is around it's ok to park illegally and he has connections with the police, too. When Kib came back from setting up our trip, the police were at the rental car and had removed the license plate from the car. They said that a tow truck was on the way but if he would pay "the fine" of 300 pesos (around $28) they would call and cancel the tow truck. Unfortunately, Kib didn't have any cash or a credit card to get any cash at an ATM. He had cheapo sunglasses purchased earlier that week but they looked like they had the same pair on already. Then he felt his ipod in his pocket. Now this was an older ipod but an ipod none the less. Kib offered his ipod to the police if they would put the plates back on the car and just let him get the heck out of there. Way to go, Kib! Bribing the Mexican police with your ipod and not spending time in a Mexican jail! Maybe that wouldn't have happened but for it you get the true experience award. Never a dull moment.
What could be more romantic than horseback riding on the beach at sunset? Not much.
I must admit, horseback riding is something I am not generally excited to do. I had a near death experience on a horse a few years back and they aren't my favorite animal. However, this was too cool to pass up. Also, there were no ice covered mountainside cliffs to be riding on so I figured I was safe. We rode for an hour down the beach and back. The horses didn't want to get too close to the water and there was a fence on the other side of the beach so there was nowhere to run off to. So far, I was safe. They ran some and I really enjoyed it. I guess I'm back in the saddle again.
No comments:
Post a Comment