Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cabo Day 5

Remember Ali's bee sting? Well the next morning she woke up to a bad situation. Her finger was more red and swollen and it looked infected with the infection starting to run up her hand.
She spent the morning at the American Hospital getting a nice old shot of, well, we don't speak Spanish so we were hoping they knew what they were doing. She had to keep her arm elevated above her heart for the next day and take it easy. So much for her having a wild time. We actually didn't know any of this had happened because we weren't in the house with them and we got up early and went scuba diving by ourselves. We went back to Pelican Point where we had gone snorkeling and it was great. Sorry, I didn't take an underwater camera this time. Scuba diving is so awesome. To be underwater in the quiet of another world that is so beautiful if one of my favorite things in life.

Since I am blogging so long after this trip I am having a hard time remembering the sequence of events without pictures. We also rented a waverunner and rode all over the bay. We had an hour and explored Pelican Point, Lover's Beach area and the arch. When we went out to the arch, the waves were pretty big. We rode in, though and sat on the waverunner and just looked at the scenery for a while. The water was so clear you could see the bottom. There were glass bottom boats coming in and going out also and it's not really a huge area. I was getting nervous, ok panicky, because we had turned off the engine and were just bobbing in the waves. A boat was coming toward us and just as we were about to move I looked down at the water because it had turned dark. Just then, a sting ray jumped out of the water! I didn't even know sting rays jumped! It was so cool! It jumped so high and over and over. We rode around and could see the group of them under the surface of the water. They eventually moved on but that was such a thrill to see.

No comments: