
"Nerds in Love" was the theme for Orem High's Sweetheart's dance this year. Michael and his group of friends went to the basement of the BYU library in the stacks for their pictures. I love the scout shirt, Steinia! They had a great time.

Michael says Steinia is smarter than him because her stack has more books.


They went to Tucano's for dinner. Yum!!
Sixteen Candles! Yes, that is a pumpkin pie. That's what she asked for! I am sure you can't believe it because I am still in shock that Katie is 16. So, we venture into dating, driving and a lot more growing up. I can't possibly be old enough for this to be happening. Katie will have to wait for the official driving stuff until June when she is signed up for drivers ed. She doesn't have enough room in her school schedule to take drivers ed until then so we just keep practicing on our own with her permit. Isn't she a cutie! Tonight she will sing at the region solo and ensemble festival for choir and next week it is region festival for jazz band. She and Michael have started running with the track team since swim season is over. Busy, busy, busy.
After dinner, Michael and Katie played Heart and Soul for a good 30-40 minutes. Now, this might seem like an annoyance after that many minutes but it was very entertaining actually. After a round or two, they would call out a key change. They worked their way through I don't know how many different keys but it was really fun to listen to them having so much fun together. What am I going to do when all of my piano players eventually grow up and move out? It will be far too quiet. I love to be continually serenaded. What a treat!
We have been waiting to hear officially from BYU whether Michael was accepted or not and well, I guess he was. The reason I say this is because we haven't received an e-mail or letter or any correspondence of any kind but Michael has looked online at the student directory and it has him listed as an incoming Freshman next year. Congratulations? I guess I need to call and check for sure just because I think there should at least be proof or something before I go saying something like that. Well anyway, I thought it would be some exciting event, hey the mail came, gather round, read the letter over and over..."you are officially accepted..."blah blah. Well, I guess that shows my age more than anything. Who gets mail anymore?
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Katy!
Hugs-
Bro. & Sis Jacobson
Very cute. Sounds like fun times! Happy Birthday Katie!
Love,
Uncle Dave, Aunt Ali, Lindsey, Brittney and Matthew
love the new family shot. You guys are awesome. I'm having so much fun getting to know you better through your blog. Wish you lived inour ward!!!
Post a Comment