Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snowbound, Science, Skating, Scoring, Superior

David's scout troop built a new sled for the Klondike this year. Here he is (BYU hat, holding rope, standing) getting the gear loaded up.
The Klondike camp was held at Maple Dell. This is the troop heading down to the knot tying game.
David is in the stretcher. They had to build the stretcher, run around an obstacle and back with an injured party and David was it. They lucked out this year and it wasn't too cold, high 20's.
This is David at the science fair at Cascade. He built Heron's Fountain. It uses water and air pressure to make a fountain. It isn't spouting in the picture, but the water comes up out of the top of the bin. The science fair is always fun.

Here is David on his way to school with his valentine's day box. This is another one of those last-day-ever events. This is the last valentine's box I will help make for my kids. It is hard to believe that time has gone so fast every time we pass another marker.
Caroline is 14!!! Happy Birthday!!! For her party, we took a bunch of her friends ice-skating and had cupcakes and hot chocolate.
Laura, Brinnan, Josie and Melanie putting skates on...
What a bunch of cute girls! They had a great time!
David and Katie came along for some fun, too.
Nelson and Katie helping each other out, what a sweet picture.

Basketball season is over for David and their team was undefeated. Here is David heading in for a shot.
...and again...
and again! Even though this picture is blurry it is fun to see the action I think.
David and Katie both just had their Solo Piano Festival and both of them received a Superior. It is truly a joy for me to have piano music being played so often in our home. It is something I love so much. I grew up hearing my grandfather and stepfather play so beautifully and am glad it is something I can still enjoy thanks to my children. Thanks, guys.

2 comments:

Olivia McCord said...

What well-rounded children. I'm taking notes.

Brad & Cindi Pearce Family said...

so cute,can't believe you still have the energy to do those great projects! Can't wait to see the cruise pictures!