We are about halfway through basketball season and David's team is having a great season. They are a city rec team and have had pretty much the same team for the past 3 years. They haven't lost a game this season and David has been a large part of the points. Here he is on the way to a shot. David and the scouts went on the Klondike campout this weekend. I'm not into winter camping but these guys lucked out. The temperature in town was about 40, ok it was in the 20's at night and I'm sure in the mountains it was colder. He survived and has yet to unpack. If someone took pictures maybe someday I can post those.
I made an attempt to upload a video but it was taking FOREVER so I gave up. Maybe some day I will take the time to learn how to do that. I wanted to put on the video of Katie at Solo and Ensemble Festival at Orem High. She sang in a group of 6 and then a duet with Aubree. Both of her songs qualified to go to Region next month. Maybe I could video that event better than this time and figure out how to put on a video...we'll see.
Jordan goes into the MTC this Wednesday the 10th so we went to lunch last week. She chose PF Chang's and I was so glad, I LOVE the crispy honey shrimp, I have been dreaming about it ever since. OK, we can move past the food. We had a nice time and it was fun to get together one last time before she leaves. We are going to go over tonight and say our goodbyes. Sad!
This weekend was the State swim meet. Michael was a little on the grumpy side this week. I think all he could think of was this meet, his final of his high school career. Here he is at the start of the Medley relay. He led the race in the backstroke, his best stroke. His split was 27.02 split was his personal best. His team was seeded 6th and took 7th, improving their time by about 4 tenths of a second.
Next, Michael swam the Individual Medley. This picture is a little blurry but I think these diving pictures look so cool. Michael is 2nd from the left in the yellow cap. He got a great start!
Butterfly...
back and then breatstroke...free and...
Celebrating! He was seeded 9th and took 8th. He improved his time from 2:09:04 to 2:05:84!
Thanks to Grandpa Chuck for being the family's event photographer. His camera is way better than mine and I am so grateful he changed his flight reservations so they could stay and be there for the meet. Lots of family came to support Michael, too. Thanks guys!
Here is Michael and his 200 Freestyle relay team the second day. Michael, Josh, Jacob and Cody. Michael anchored this race. They were seeded 6th and took 7th, they had hoped for better, but on to the race Michael had been waiting his whole career for.
At the blocks waiting for the 100 Backstroke. This was such an exciting race. It is so fun to be in the stands for the final heat of a really close race. The crowd is so loud, and we had a lot of family there cheering with us. Michael was seeded 6th and took 4th! He improved his time from57:11 to 56:18. He was so happy! It was a great moment to share and such satisfaction for Michael at the end of his Senior year. We are so proud of you, Michael.
The Medals stand, receiving his medal.
Way to go Michael!!
No comments:
Post a Comment