Caroline saw a cake like this at the grocery store and loved it so we made it for her birthday. It turned out so cute!
Nelson's birthday was Saturday and Caroline's was on Sunday. 44 and 14, here they are. We went skiing on Saturday and I wish one of us had brought a camera. It was such a gorgeous day. Bright blue sky and it was warm! We found the Congers on the slopes and skied with them for the rest of the day. It was a great ski day. Then Caroline and I had costume check-off for the school play coming up, Annie. Next we went to David's basketball game. They have had a great season. Michael took pictures at the game so I will post them later. We went out to dinner with our friends Rich, Becca, Mike and Nikki and then went to the BYU vs. Utah basketball game. It was a good game! Sunday was Stake conference and we love that because Nelson gets to sit with us at church and then he gets to come home and be with us for the day. We had Caroline's chosen birthday lunch, hamburgers, onion rings, and milkshakes, YUM! Then we made the cake and went to Chuck and Oranee's for dinner. We celebrated birthdays for Kib, Nelson, Caroline, and Ali and also honored Jordan as she is about to leave for the MTC and Paris! We played crazy party games and sat around and talked a lot. Cindi reminded us that when Jordan was young, she called Nelson "Nelsie" and she called me "Nelsies". I had totally forgotten that! We will miss her for the next 18 months. Depending on when Michael gets his mission call, he may not see her for almost 3 1/2 years because he may leave just before she comes home. If Stephanie goes on a mission she and Michael will leave around the same time and then she won't see Stephanie for that long, also. How sad! This week we are looking forward to State Swim on Friday and Saturday and hopefully a birthday party for Caroline's friends.
1 comment:
I am SO going to make that cake for Holden's 3rd bday in May. Happy bday to Caroline & Nelson. I almost jumped in the back of your car when I saw you heading for the slopes:)
Post a Comment