Katie was asked to the Jr. Prom by Tanner Mieure. They have been good friends for several years. Tanner has been involved in drama at the high school but not onstage. He is a "techie" or someone who helps run all of the technical booth equipment. Even though it was Jr. Prom, these guys are seniors and everyone in their group of 10 were also.
Here they are when he picked her up for the day date. They went to the mall and had a scavenger hunt in teams and then went to lunch.
Really this story of prom begins in February in St. George. I go every year with my awesome friends for a couple of days. We were waiting in line for breakfast and a few of us ran across the street to check out this fun consignment shop that has a mixture of vintage clothing and antique furniture. This dress was hanging in the shop window when we walked up and we all said how gorgeous the color was and wouldn't that be a fun dress for a dance? My friend Lesa and I asked to see the dress and both of us thought it would look great on Katie. I texted these pictures of the dress to her while Lesa went and tried it on to see if we thought it would fit Katie. It had a lot of old fold lines that needed to be pressed out and the zipper was almost ripped out and green from discoloration over the years. Lesa said she would help me fix it if I got it. Katie texted back that she liked it so I bought it without her even trying it on or seeing it in person. Now that's trust from a teenager! We got it home and Lesa got busy with the zipper and I steamed and pressed like crazy to get it looking its best.
Ta-Da!!! Doesn't she look so beautiful? The dress fit her really well and I love how the color makes her blue eyes so bright.
Lesa suggested we maybe replace the zipper with an exposed zipper which is in right now. We worried it would ruin such a classic styled dress but when we saw this metallic gold zipper we knew we had to do it. It looks stunning, and so does she.
After we bought the zipper, we were getting all excited about the gold fun to be had with this dress. We stopped at Target on the way home just to see if they happened to have any gold shoes. We walked in and there was ONE pair, size 5 1/2, gold glittery shoes....and clearance to boot! How lucky could we get? These shoes are so fun!! I had to get lots of pictures so you could see them sparkle.
We have such fun family that came to see Katie in her dress and off on her date. I had to stick this in just so you could see how tall her shoes made her. She is shorter than David by an inch and here she is taller than him by a lot.
Nana gave her this fun gold purse last year for prom, perfect!
Success pinning on the boutineer all by herself for the first time, I usually have to help out.
They look so great! All ready to go for a fun evening!



2 comments:
Katie is beautiful! I love the dress and the gold glittery shoes too. Makes me miss prom! :)
I finally looked at this and so beautiful Katie, you make the dress beautiful
Post a Comment