Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Soccer and Shakespeare

Soccer has begun and is almost over for Fall. I had to get some pictures of David with his new team. He moved up to a AAA club team this year and it's going well. He has made a few goals and is doing well. They are going to play indoor soccer next. This is definitely David's favorite sport!


They have black and white jerseys even though they are the Yellowjackets. We all wonder why there's no yellow. I think later on they may get warm-ups that are yellow. Funny, huh?

Katie's love is drama. Here she is all dressed up for the Renaissance Faire the evening before they left for the High School Shakespeare competition in Cedar City. She was Hermia in a scene from "A Midsummer's Night Dream". She did awesome! She projected well ( a big deal in the not-so-great acoustics of the school's foyer) and was SO funny! Shakespeare is sometimes hard to understand but there was no question of what her character's plight was. Great job!
She was in the group ensemble scene and also the Shakespeare dance. Here she is twirling in her fun dress. They did Romeo and Juliet, country style, it was cute.

On another note, sometimes we go sweets crazy here at our house. This was one of those times. In the past week we have made too many treats. This one at least has an apple in the middle of it!

2 comments:

Brad & Cindi Pearce Family said...

you should teach us all how to make those apples, they are too cute!

Brad & Cindi Pearce Family said...

btw, I forgot just because I wasn't blogging that I was still allowed to read other peoples blogs. (For some reason it felt like cheating), but I am back on, so I can read yours again!