Sunday, February 10, 2013

Whoa, it worked!

Well, since blogger is cooperating....

Caroline and her Preference group.  The swim girls ask swim boys to this dance, such a fun tradition.  The dance usually falls on the same day as Region swim so the tradition began.  They don't have a day date since they are all at the pool somewhere and then they go to the dance that evening, works out great.
I am having a love-hate, ok, mostly hate relationship with blogger since....well, let's see...my last post was in OCTOBER!  Sorry to drag all of you innocent readers into this mess.  Maybe some of you fellow bloggers can tell me if you have experienced some of the same problems I have.  Every once in a while when I try to upload pictures I get a message saying I am out of space and have reached my 1GB of free storage.  So I click on the little message and it proceeds to tell me I am at 37% capacity or something.  I wonder how 37% capacity is equal to 100% but nevertheless blogger will NOT allow me to add any more pictures...until this very moment when I slipped in under the radar somehow and actually got a picture to upload.  I have stopped even trying to blog because I will spend time choosing pictures, thinking about the story that goes with them, uploading them and then BAM, a big no way from blogger.  From what I have learned from the blogger chat groups is that my problem is not that I have reached maximum storage capacity but that my picture files are individually too large and must be smaller than 2048 pixels on the longest side.  If you look at the file size of most pictures taken on a camera not more than five or ten years old, they are all that big or bigger.  One comment said to either resize each and every picture (what a HUGE pain that would be) or to reroute your upload from an online storage site so the storage is not actually in blogger but somewhere else.  Not sure I really understand all of this or if I believe whoever it is that is responding to these posts requesting help sent out into the internet stratosphere.  

Does anyone have an answer?????  
I really love blogging and cannot seem to figure out how to make this work anymore...well, until just now when it allowed me (shocker) to upload this picture.  I am afraid to try to add another for fear it will remove this one.  

HELP! 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I do know the answer! You need to convert your gmail account to google+. Nothing changes to your blog page but now you will have unlimited storage. This happened to me a few months ago but since someone had already sent me an invite I was able to update it immediately with no problems. Google+ has some other pretty cool features too. Text me your email address and I'll sent you an invite and all will easily be resolved! :)

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

I'm glad to finally figure it out... I had the same problem but then I changed to google+ and it was fixed but I didn't even realize why it was working... I was just glad that it somehow took care of the problem. I'm glad that you can blog again because I miss reading about your kids and getting the updates:)!!!