Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Drive Home

Michael took his turn driving the motorhome. I don't think I would've dared do that when I was 17. I am used to it now, after this long of a trip. Tune in to the end of this entry for some WOW facts....

On the way home, we stopped at the Little Rock Central High School visitors center. This is where so much went on in 1957 when they started desegregation in schools.

And now, on to the ho hum, what will we do next in the motorhome, we have 3 days after all.

Hair...
Slap Jack....

Eating...(this happened a lot)

Looking out the window at the country's changing landscape (this is Oklahoma)

Adding states to our window map of all of the places we have visited...
(tune in below for the results...)


We only made 2 stops on the way home, Central High and Four Corners. Here is everyone standing in different states. They discovered a while ago that the monument was not actually in the right spot. It looks like it has been fixed, though. We took the GPS and walked around, walking over all of the state lines.


The boys in 4 different states at the same time, so fun.

And now for the final tally...
35 Days
6168 Miles
130 Hours of driving
30 States
2 Canadian Provinces
1 Experience of a Lifetime
It's good to be home!

No comments: