Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A blast from the past and life goes on

This last Sunday I put out a long table, boxes of pictures and all of the scrapbook stuff I had and let the kids go to town. Katie and Caroline were the only ones interested. I was really excited. The girls both finished all of the pictures for themselves for 1996. This is really confession time. Caroline was born in 1996 and has never had a baby book. Well, now she does. We scanned this picture from brother and sister-in-law Jeramy and Cheryl's wedding in St. George from that year. Gosh those kids are cute!
Soccer is over for the season. This is David at one of the last tournament games. Now comes the stress of what do we do next? Stay in this league, move up, same team, different team? I guess we will figure it out eventually. It's crazy how serious sports can get for kids this young, people talking about them like this is a career decision.
I thought we were doing this for fun and exercise!

Here's Katie at Alpine Days, the district end of season meet. Her 4x100 relay team got 3rd for 9th grade girls. She also ran the 800, 1600 and 3200.

There sure are a lot of endings this time of year. Here is Katie and friends at Canyon View's Drama Banquet. Katie was on the planning committee. They decorated and are ready to seat people as they arrive.

Katie and her friend Nicole.

They asked all of the kids in 1 play to stand up. Then keep standing if you had been in 3, 4, 5, and here is the group of kids who had been in 6 plays or more at Canyon View. Katie is 5th from the right. She has been in 6 plays, one kid up there had been in 12! Wow!

Michael and his friends posing after playing basketball for his 17th birthday party.

It was a combined party, Hans turned 16, Michael 17.
Happy Birthday Michael!!

Michael's friends singing loudly.

Katie loves her new 50 cent yard sale sunglasses!

Here is Katie getting all of that scrapbooking done! I can't tell you how excited I am to have more of this done. Keep it up!

Even though soccer and drama is over, swimming continues. Michael came home with 7 medals yesterday from this last weekends meet. Nelson and I volunteered for 4 1/2 hours to be timers for Friday's half of the meet. It continued for just as long on Saturday but we had other stuff to do. I have timed at meets before but not for one this big. It was intense having to start, stop and record times every 30 seconds to 3 minutes or so for that many hours in a row. Congratulations, Michael!

2 comments:

Olivia McCord said...

OK, I seriously need to have some girls. Brilliant way to get your scrapbooking done! It's fun to look at your blog and see all I have to look forward to with teenagers (except I don't think I can convince my boys to do their own scrapbooks:)

Jen said...

You don't look any older! Your family is always so busy--I don't know how you keep up with it all! Looks like everyone is doing great. Can't wait to get back!